Tag Archives: atherosclerosis
Peripheral Artery of the legs or pelvis start narrowing up a bit, and then this is the sign of Peripheral Artery Disease in a person. This kind of disease has a lot of features similar with the carotid artery disease and coronary artery disease. All such diseases result due to blocked and narrowed arteries in different body parts.
The arteries in the coronary artery region get hardened up, and this results in making restrictions in supply of blood. Many facts are there that contribute to the spreading of peripheral artery disease. Common symptoms and signs for peripheral artery disease include tiredness, leg pain, cramping in the muscles, and few others.
Peripheral Disease :
- polyneuropathy vs peripheral neuropathy
- artery disease peripheral neuropathy
- are peripheral vascular disease and peripheral arterial disease the same thing
- Is polyneurophy cirulatory or vascular
- is pvd same as neuropathy
- peripheral neuropathy and peripheral vascular disease are they the same?
- peripheral neuropathy symptoms /thrombophlebites
- peripheral vascular disease same as peripheral neuropathy
Before knowing about Peripheral Vascular Disease let us first know about the body’s circulatory system. The circulatory system in the human body has blood vessels which are two types, the first are the arteries and the other are the veins. These two types functions as a carrier of blood all over the body and has a tubular structure.
Though both of them perform the function of carrying blood but the procedure they follow is different. Like the function of arteries is to carry oxygen and blood which is rich in nutrients from the heart to other organs and cells of the body. On the other hand the function of the veins is to carry oxygen depleted blood and wastes, and get them removed from the body after getting filtered through liver, kidneys and lungs and then.